5 Tips to Help with Anxiety
Life can bring about many challenges and daily trials that can bring about anxiety. Anxiety is the end result of a stressful situation. Anxiety is the physical symptoms you feel in your body when you are in an overwhelming or stressful situation. Sometimes this may come in the form of feeling like you have heart palpitations, butterflies in your stomach, headaches or any other identifiable physical symptoms. In this article I am going to share with you five tips to help you prevent and overcome anxiety.
1. The first tip may assist in preventing anxiety all together by introducing a new thought pattern. Example, if you get anxiety every time you think about a particular situation, try and change that negative thought to something positive.
2. Practice prayer and meditation
3. Practice Deep Breathing while counting to 10 (inhale and exhale slowly). While you are inhaling pay close attention to the breathe as you feel it travel up through your lungs and out of your mouth. The goal is to take the focus off the situation and now focus on the breath.
4. Practice journaling when you are feeling stressed and anxious, this may help you identify what is triggering the anxiety. Journaling can also help you express your thoughts and feelings.
5. Find an outlet to help you release any negative energy. That may include walking, physical exercising or other hobbies you enjoy.
Chikeitha Owens LPC
Leave a Reply.
Chikeitha Owens, LPC
Licensed Professional Counselor bringing you motivational , encouraging and updated topics on mental health.